gobolinux-www AT lists.gobolinux.orgに送って下さい。
Here's a list of things we plan for the future. These are not
"promised features", and they are in various stages of
completion/design, and those are listed in no particular order.
This is kept here, first and foremost, for our own control. Think of it
as a place to centralize the good ideas that pop up on the GoboLinux
- Improve name capitalization with a dictionary of exceptions,
as suggested here.
- Make scripts check on the availability of tools they need
(for example, make the PlayVideo wrapper check for mplayer).
This is kinda trivial to implement, but there should be a unified
method to do this, so that all scripts make use of it.
- Programs/App/1.0/Resources - a directory to hold things such as:
- /Programs/App/1.0/Resources/Environment - environment variables
and aliases needed by the application.
- /Programs/App/1.0/Resources/Dependencies - our .dependencies
file should move here.
- /Programs/App/1.0/Resources/Wrappers - convenience scripts
created for GoboLinux (former app-dependant scripts in the
Scripts packages). For example:
- /Programs/App/1.0/Resources/Icon - who knows? Maybe one day
we could implement a menu-management system.
- Allow the package installation scripts to download stuff. Packages
which depend on other packages could download them from gobolinux.org
or other user-specified mirrors. Source packages could download the
source .tar.gz file from the app's original site.
- Update Rootless to "006ify it" (update it to use /S/L/Shared), and
make the Scripts package fully-Rootless-compatible again.
- Remove archive management scripts from the Scripts package.
Use atool (or a similar project) instead.
- Separate the "base set" into two sets: the set of programs to
be copied to a freshly installed system, and the set of programs
to be available in the live ISO.
- Improve documentation on installation, especially boot loader
- Add proper SCSI support on the CD.
- Dependencies of Python packages could be detected searching for
"import" lines in .py files with a rather small amount of parsing.