Announcing GoboLinux 016.01
We are pleased to announce GoboLinux 016.01 after roughly 3 months and a half
from the release of 016. While it features some essential package upgrades,
this revision aims at providing a more stable foundation for those who want to
try it out.
The list of improvements is extensive. The following is a
summary of what's new since 016:
- Enabled support for Core2 processors
- Improved support for UEFI systems and virtualized platforms
- Improved detection of other operating systems when creating the GRUB config file
- Support for installation on external hard drives
- Fixes the SSL certificates paths
- Fixes SSL support in our Compile tool
- Fixes the /usr/libexec compatibility link
- Inclusion of CryptSetup to enable mounting of encrypted partitions from the Live ISO
- Inclusion of Listener, a daemon that automatically cleans up broken links when entries from /Programs are removed
- Inclusion of APulse 0.1.9 as a replacement for Pulse Audio (required by Firefox 52.0 onwards)
- The release notes contains a list of updated packages
The Live ISO can be downloaded from our GitHub
page, from where you can also review the full change logs.
permalink • 2017-04-04 01:15
Older news •
© 2002-2017 GoboLinux.org.
gobo AT gobolinux DOT org